Re: vared bug

On Aug 14, 10:02am, Bernd Eggink wrote:
} Subject: Re: vared bug
}
} Thanks, but now a "vared -c prompt var" causes a
} segmentation fault if var is unset...

Could you please give a few more details?  3.0.8 or 3.1.9?

`vared -c prompt var' edits the `prompt' variable, so that can't be what
you actually mean.

`vared -c -p something var' works for me, it prints "something" and waits
for me to enter the value that gets assigned to var.

`vared -p something var' also works for me, it prints the warning message
"no such variable: var".  Both when run from a script and on the command
line, and when executed multiple times, etc.

So I'm confused.