RE: PATCH: Cygwin - second go.

> Seems to compile OK on linux, I'll commit the patch.
>
> I just noticed, however that under autoconf 2.13 the definion of AC_CYGWIN
> doesn't work right if you follow it with a `dnl' directive.  It ends up
> merging with the expansion of AC_EXEEXT that follows it, so a configure
> script generated from autoconf 2.13 won't ever set CYGWIN=yes properly.
>
> The solution is either to remove the `dnl' comment from the line with
> the AC_CYGWIN call, or simply to put a blank line after it, which is
> what I did.

Yes, I knew it; that why I used ac_cv_cygwin and not CYGWIN.

Are you sure, it is a problem of missing empty line? Look, what is generated:

CYGWIN=
test "$ac_cv_cygwin" = yes && CYGWIN=yes                   echo $ac_n
"checking for mingw32 environment""... $ac_c" 1>&6

that is, CYGWIN is set in environment of `echo' command and lost after this.
This expansion is part of AC_CYGWIN and has nothing to do with AC_EXEEXT.
There is no way to change it. I even believe to have seen a bug report once,
but currently querying autoconf bug database yields no result.

-andrej