Getting diffs out of Web-CVS

I think, Bart once asked if it is possible (so, that we could provide usres
with URLs to download). For a single file it is trivial. Example is:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/zsh/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=zsh&r
1=1.687&r2=1.688&f=u

where f=u is diff type - in this case Unified (default is display-friendly
color diff).

Of course, if patch spans several files, the whole story is much more
complicated. I noted, that CVS mailing list for RedHat-maintained utilities
lists all commited files in form of above URLs (as example, look at
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2000-08/msg00100.html>). Really
handy - if we had some way to associate commits with article numbers.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>