OT: RE: PATCH: test for network libraries (for test only)/problems with name resolution

> Yes, I was almost sure gethostbyname2 would be a problem. As I
> wrote before it
> means, Solaris 7 headers or libraries are broken.

On the second thought, they are not. The presence of declaration in headers
does not mean declared object is actually present (it may be declared "for
internal use only"); conversely, there are (normally) many undeclared
functions in system libraries. Any package that wants to be on safe side must
check both for object *and* its declaration. Downside is, of course, without
object declaration you never know if your usage of it is correct :-)

-andrej