RE: Is this statement correct?

> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
> > This from new section, User contribution/Utilities:
> >
> > ====
> > Recompiling Functions
> > ---------------------
> >
> > If you frequently edit your zsh functions, or periodically update your
> > zsh installation to track the latest developments, you may find that
> > function digests compiled with the zcompile builtin are frequently out
> > of date with respect to the function source files.  This is not usually
> > a problem, because zsh always looks for the newest file when loading a
> > function, but it may cause slower shell startup and function loading.
> > ====
> >
> > I remember, that Sven explicitly stated that digest files are
> *not* checked
> > against there source functions to save execution time (individual
> files are).
> > I do not have articele number handy.
>
> I vaguely remember having said something about this or something
> similar but having been confused at that time (I don't remember when
> that was either and can't offer a message number). However: yes, it is
> true. The code *does* compare the times for digest files, individual
> zwc files and the original file (if they can be found). See the
> function try_dump_file() in parse.c.

It does not work:

bor@itsrm2% print $fpath
/home/bor/.zsh.d/completion /home/bor/.zsh.d/std-3.1.9-dev-6.zwc
/home/bor/.zsh.d/functions /tools/share/zsh/site-functions ... (standard part
follows)
bor@itsrm2% ll /tools/share/zsh/3.1.9-dev-6/functions/Core/_match
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       1539 Sep 19 09:44
/tools/share/zsh/3.1.9-dev-6/functions/Core/_match
bor@itsrm2% ll ~/.zsh.d/std-3.1.9-dev-6.zwc
-rw-------   1 bor      sinix    1491984 Sep 18 11:08
/home/bor/.zsh.d/std-3.1.9-dev-6.zwc

Zsh takes _match from digest file and *not* from external definition. Even if
it is newer.

-andrej