RE: still confused about completion and matching

> >   Good move I say. Well, look at the _arguments, it should be
> >   enough.

Of course, I immediately realized, that there are two completions here. One
for smbclient arguments (command line) and another one for smbclient commands
(that is, inside of interactive session). Can tcsh do the latter? :-))

If you are really motivated, look at the nslookup function and its usage of
zsh/zpty for controlling interactive command. Theoretically, you could
complete remote filenames, print jobs ... I love zsh :-))

-andrej