Re: :r modifier

On Dec 12,  5:57pm, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
} Subject: :r modifier
}
}   ~ % echo $MAIL
}   /home/adl/.procmail/spool/Inbox
}   ~ % echo $MAIL:r $MAIL:e
}   /home/adl/ procmail/spool/Inbox
}
} I was expecting to get $MAIL:r equal to $MAIL and $MAIL:e empty.

Hrm.  Well, it's correct in so far as it goes; the :r and :e modifiers
appear to assume that they're already working on the result of :t, and
pay no attention at all to slash characters; they just find the rightmost
'.' and split on it.  They've worked this way for as long as zsh has
existed, AFAICT.

Tcsh behaves the same, so I don't expect we'll be changing it any time
soon.