Re: PATCH: Re: :r modifier

Alexandre Duret-Lutz <duret_g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:>>> "Andrej" == Andrej Borsenkow <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
:Here is my proposal.  The following patch modifies :r, :e, :h,
:and :t to behave as I expect them to.  My point for doing so is that
:  1) this seems natural and more useful (from the user point of
:     view)

?  I don't expect :r to behave that way but I don't really use it
much these days so maybe my objections have little weight.

: item(tt(r))(
:-Remove a trailing suffix of the form `tt(.)var(xxx)', leaving the basename.
:+Remove a filename extension of the form `tt(.)var(xxx)', leaving
:+the root name.
: )

I'm not sure the wording has cleared it up.  The previous wording of
"trailing suffix" [what's a non-trailing suffix? :-)] wasn't that
good but what's the "root name"?  (Can't think of anything better
at the moment, sorry).

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>