Re: Problem with zsh 3.1.9 (Sun Solaris 7)

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> > I'm trying to install zsh 3.1.9, from a pre-built package from the Sun
> > freeware site (www.sunfreeware.com).  This was supposedly built on Solaris
> > 7 and I've installed it on Solaris 7, and brought over the /etc/zshrc,
> > /etc/zshenv, /etc/zlogin, and /etc/zshfn/* from an older system (Solaris
> > 2.5.1, zsh 3.0.7).  When I invoke zsh (as root) I get:
> >
> >   /etc/zshrc: failed to load module: comp1 [22]

> Otherwise, for the modules, you need to set MODULE_PATH (colon-separated
> array) or module_path (array).  The default location is
> /usr/local/lib/zsh/$ZSH_VERSION .  We're changing to a hierarchical module
> naming scheme, so comp1 will become zsh/comp1 etc., but the bare names
> should work fine in 3.1.9.

The fact that the shell tries to load the comp1 module is also a sign
that it tries to use the stuff from a 3.0.x shell, because in 3.1.9
the comp1 module has gone.

May be related to path problems, too, but maybe the init scripts have
zmodload's for modules that don't exist anymore.

Bye
 Sven