Re: Some general problems with exporting cariables (Was: TERMCAP problem. )

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> Koen, could you test if it helps? It appears to work here, but so did
> unmodified Zsh as well. I appreciate, if anybody could review memory
> allocation usage here - I still do not grok completely Zsh memory usage.
>
> The patch is against current CVS.
>
> -andrej
>
>   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                        Name: zsh.replenv.diff
>    zsh.replenv.diff    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                    Encoding: quoted-printable

I made a new executable from the current CVS, and even without the patch it did not
crash anymore.
For some reason, it how uses '-lcurses' instead of '-ltermcap'.

I did some tests with the debugger.
The crash happened because getenv("TERM") returned 0 during the call to tgetent from
the termcap library.
Whithout the patch, getenv("TERM") still returns 0, but now tgetent from libcursus.a
is used.
With the patch, getenv("TERM") returns "dumb" before tgetent is called, so I guess it
will also be fine for tgetent from the termcap library

Andrey,
thank you very much for your time and effort.

Koen Van Hoof    koen.van_hoof@xxxxxxxxxx   32 3 451 60 31

begin:vcard
n:Van Hoof;Koen
x-mozilla-html:TRUE