RE: 4.0.1-pre-1

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > If there are any outstanding bugs you feel still need to be fixed, please
> > report them again.
>
> - ^Z does not work under Cygwin
> - zpty does not work under Cygwin (not that I care really)

Hm.

> - we had some ideas about function directories layout. Is current the ultimate
> one?

No it isn't.

My original suggestion is in 11097 (and see the follow'ups). I still
like that and it didn't trigger many remarks, or only constructive ones
(of course we now have some more functions but all of these should be
easy to place in the right directories). I don't remember in what way
we decided to do the change in cvs (add/remove?). And noone
volunteered to actually do that, yet ;-)

About Peter's question: the only things I have on my list is a) the
signal stuff Peter mentioned, b) the completion position stuff
discussed with Felix (I haven't found an easy way to make this smarter
and so have given up for now; for every solution I could see now I
would have to touch more places than seems worth, i.e. this is nothing
that should stop us from 4.0) and c) helping Peter to bring The Guide
up-to-date (esp. chapter 6, of course).

What kept me from working on a) and c) is that they are rather tedious
tasks (although I have marked the/some places for c) in a printed
copy) and that we had to hold one of the courses for the third
semester: 230 students and only two assistants, urgh. But the latter
is almost finished now.

So I hope to find the time to look at them this week or weekend.

Bye
 Sven

P.S.: I just love it that the _bash_completions are in section 6.6.6
      in The Guide ;-)