Re: completion function for apachectl

    Sven> Fletch wrote:

    >> This completes for apachectl (a utility that comes with apache
    >> to do things such as restarting apache, syntax checking it's
    >> configuration file, and the like).

    Sven> Thanks for writing a new completion function.

[... Brutal savaging of my version choped :) ]

        Thanks for critiquing it.  It was rather cargo cultish and
hacked together from the bits and pieces of whatever looked similar to
what I was trying to do.  I better go re-read that section of the
guide a couple more times.

    Sven> Hm. Since there are several commands (and scripts[1]) that
    Sven> only get one command as argument, I'm almost tempted to add
    Sven> a generic version of the above as a utility
    Sven> function. Opinions?

    Sven> Bye Sven

    Sven> [1] Wasn't there a request for init-script completion on the
    Sven> debian list?

        I've been frustrated that TAB doesn't Do What I Mean for stuff
in /etc/rc.d/init.d several times.  You almost could generate it on
the fly with a for over /etc/rc.d/init.d/*, maybe with a style for
things that take strange arguments other than start or stop.

fletch@xxxxxxxxxxxx   |  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'
770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=