Re: Global aliases, eval, and completion (Re: Expanding interactively aliases)

On Feb 27,  4:51pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} Turning off aliases when emulating sh sounds like the right thing to me.

Other thoughts:

We're probably approaching the point where we could have a bash emulation
mode too; so far, that would be sh emulation but with aliases turned on,
but there are a few other options (such as `globdots' and `promptsubst')
that could be left unchanged when `emulate bash' is used (as opposed to
being turned off as they are when `emulate sh' is used).  I'm not sure
exactly what's the right thing to do with such bash options, though.

Maybe the option should be called `aliases' rather than just `alias'?