NEWS and CONTRIBUTORS

I made some changes to Etc/NEWS and Etc/CONTRIBUTORS aimed at 4.0.1.  I
haven't bothered posting them, since they mostly affect people who use the
archive regularly.  Any more suggestions for these?  NEWS for changes since
3.1.9 is pretty thin --- and `changes since 3.0' should probably come
before `changes since 3.1.9' anyway --- but there could be more items
worthy of mentioning in both parts.

I don't think there's too much left (at least, that we'll get around to).
I still have to see about tweaking compinstall.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx