Re: PATCH: (2) Re: History Up key

On Mar 12,  5:36pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: (2) Re: History Up key
}
} > why not use termcap/terminfo to find esc for arrow keys?
}
} I'd like some indication there are non-standard terminals that this doesn't
} wreck horribly before committing it.

There are some ancient terminals (I think Qume terminals are an example)
for which the termcap bindings are (or at least, were)

	kd => newline
	kl => backspace
	kr => space

with ku not bound, of course.  Probably an adequate solution is to avoid
binding the "arrow" keys in those circumstances where zsh automatically
enters single-line-zle mode.

Otherwise, there are of course broken termcap/terminfo database, but zsh
will be no worse off than any other program that trusts them.