completions

Hi,

I started using the new zsh completion system (as I told you in a previous
mail, I just switched from zsh-3.08, which is shipped with redhat 7.0, to
zsh-4.0.1-pre2). I like it a lot, but I have a little problem: I noticed when I
update my web document tree, and I need to checkout .htaccess from the RCS
directory, the completion code doen't find it. The reason is because the
autoloaded _rcs function has in it the assignment

  rep=(RCS/*,v(:t:s/\,v//))

and this eliminates hidden files like RCS/.htaccess,v from the rep array. Is
there a reason why we don't add the D qualifier (GLOB_DOTS) to the globbing
pattern, i.e.,

  rep=(RCS/*,v(D:t:s/\,v//))

to allow for hidden files in the RCS directory? I think this comment may refer
to some other completion functions as well, but I haven't checked them.

All the best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-227607                   Technion - Israel Institute of Technology