Re: `make' completion in zsh-3.1.9

On Mar 20, 11:33am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: `make' completion in zsh-3.1.9
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > zsh% while read -e; do :; done < Makefile | less
} >
} > hangs until interrupted.  This works:
} >
} > zsh% { while read -e; do :; done < Makefile } | less
}
} Hrm, works for me.  (Please not another non-reproducible-everywhere
} job contorl bug, please please please...)

It appears that "less" never gets started on my RH5.2 machine.  The
"while" loop runs until it has written 4k bytes, then it gets stuck.

If the file redirected to the while loop is less than 4k in size, it
all works fine.