Re: non-greedy matching?

On Mar 21, 11:00pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
} Subject: Re: non-greedy matching?
}
} Can I suggest that it be made slightly more self-evident in the
} manual, for instance via this patch?  I would expect most people
} searching for this feature in the manual to use the keyword `greedy'.

I don't think I would have thought of searching for "greedy" ... but
then I obviously never thought of searching for it at all.

And having this as a parameter expansion flag doesn't help when it
comes to glob patterns, which is (I rationalize) why I never thought
of searching for it.

Anyone for adding another extendedglob flag?  (#g)?  (Maybe another
letter would be better, since the flag would turn -off- greediness.)