Completion for kill

This has just been annoying me: completion for kill insists on doing
menu completion: from zsh -f + compinit, create a couple of background
jobs and then type kill %<tab>. After pressing just one tab, menu
completion is entered with the first job completed in full on the
command-line. The behaviour I would like is exactly what you get with
fg %<tab> in the same situation where you need more tabs before menu
completion is used.

The situation is caused by _pids which _kill uses along with _jobs.
None of the possible values of the insert-ids style help. One solution
is if I add compstate[insert]=unambiguous to the end of _kill. Is there
a better solution to this. Surely _pids should only be messing about
with compstate[insert] if pids are the only thing being completed?

Oliver