Re: zsh bug-hang on startup after exec

On Mar 25,  2:34pm, Ryan Richter wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh bug-hang on startup after exec
}
} Sorry, I lied about the bash version. While I do have that rpm
} installed, I compiled a newer bash release from source since
} then. From bash --version: GNU bash, version 2.03.0(1)-release
} (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

I just upgraded the OS on one of the machines at work, so I was able to set
my shell to:

GNU bash, version 2.03.8(1)-release (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)

Then I put "exec /bin/zsh" in both .bashrc and .bash_profile (because for
some reason, although the doc says that "all interactive shells" will read
the ~/.bashrc file, login shells do not).

I still wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

However, it's bad form to have a potentially infinite loop in the shell
startup.  Zsh should probably just give up after either some number of
loops or some length of time.  Anyone have a suggestion?