Re: PATCH: Re: Backticks and other tricks

On Mar 29, 10:14am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} The only case where the patch would cause trouble is that there are
} two (or more) options, one being a prefix of the other and the
} prefixish one gets an argument that has to come directly after the
} option.  A *very* seldom case I would say.

The only thing that worries me, given this explanation, is clusters of
single-letter options, like some of the very specialized cases in _rpm.
A whole lot of work went into making those cluster in just about every
ordering that might make sense to rpm, and some of them are pretty odd;
for example, -i means something different when it's the first option on
the line than it does when it follows -q, so `rpm -iq...' completes
differently from `rpm -qi...'.

It doesn't *appear* that anything has gone wrong with it, but there are
so many possible combinations to try ...