Re: Two missing completion functions that bug me

On Mar 30, 10:21am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} > I was thinking it was needed to get other options to be completed in the
} > same word, because of:
} >
} > % vared -a<TAB>
} > % vared -a
} >            ^cursor silently moves here
} >
} > [...] Is there a way *other than* adding a ->state
} > machine to get other options to complete in the same word but arguments
} > in the next for an option like -a?
}
} You could try the patch below, which does that (automatically) for
} me.  I'll commit it if we don't find any nasty side effect (or should
} I apply it and take it back if we find problems?  feel free to commit
} it if you like it...)

I haven't tried it yet, but what do you do if you *don't* want to allow
other single-letter options to be completed in the same word after one
that takes an argument (but do complete them in the same word *before*
the one that takes the argument)?