_apm (was Re: Functions moved)

Clint Adams wrote:

> Yup.  Here's Solaris 8.  It apparently has nothing to do with power
> management, but rather something related to sadmind.  I think.

Hopefully nobody feels the need to write a completion for it just yet
because we haven't decided on how to cope with that situation yet.

> And this is for FreeBSD 4.1:

> +# this needs intelligence
> +local kludge=linux
> +
> +if [[ $kludge == "linux" ]]
> +then

Wouldn't it make sense to use $OSTYPE like we do in other places such as
_mount? It would allow the FreeBSD and OpenBSD parts to be actually
usable and is probably sufficient intelligence for this. You could argue
that we should call apm and try to work out what it is but $OSTYPE is
going to be faster.

Oliver