Re: Distributed Completion/ structure and compinit

On Apr 26,  9:11am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Distributed Completion/ structure and compinit
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > The doc for compinit says:
} >
} >  subdirectories of the directory where Base is to the path: this allows
} >  the functions to be in the same format as in the zsh source
} >  distribution.
} >
} > This doesn't quite work any more.
}
} Do you want to say that we should change the tests to also look for,
} say, $_compdir/Base/Core and if that exists, add `$_compdir/*/*(/)'?

Either that, or we should fix the docs.  Having it work for the source
tree layout is helpful to developers, I think:  No "make install" before
trying out some change, just set _compdir and let compinstall figure it
out.  However, developers are also likely capable of setting the fpath
manually, so it's not that big a deal.

} > Also, I'm curious why this line in compaudit was commented out:
} >
} >   ### [[ -d $_compdir/../Base ]] && _compdir=${_compdir:h}
}
} [...] since nowadays the comp* functions are in the top-level
} directory itself it didn't seem to make sense to look for certain
} sub-directories of the parent directory of $_compdir. Was I mistaken?

No, that's OK, I just was curious.