Re: Another keep-prefix problem

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> For _expand I use the glob 1, substitute 1, suffix 1, accept-exact
> false and tag-order all-expansions styles. keep-prefix changed is
> the default so that too.
>
> To test I did:
> c1=/home
> c3=cvs
> Now,
> cd $c1/kiddleo/$c3/<tab> expands both $c1 and $c3 which I don't want.
> Having typed the / after $c3, I expect it to complete subdirectories
> in my ~/cvs and not do expansion.

Yeah, I've been meaning to mention this too.  Sven's recent change
only affected the keep-prefix code, but not the "suffix" setting.
Your example would also fail if you just had the $c3 variable (i.e.
any variable not at the start of the word).  I would like the default
setting of "suffix 1" to work like the "expand-or-complete" code's
expander in this regard.

..wayne..