Re: order of processing in brace expansion

On May 2, 10:50am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: order of processing in brace expansion
}
} > If tokenizing when it's not necessary doesn't hurt anything, then I think
} > we should fix the bug.  ("make check" does pass with the patch applied.)
}
} I would be fairly confident about this, since there are plenty of other
} tokens which might be left hanging around, e.g. #'s or ~'s when
} EXTENDEDGLOB isn't set.

With regard to zsh-workers/14153:

> That is, in all versions of zsh so far, using a parameter expansion is a
> way to quote commas against brace expansion while still getting filename
> generation after the expansion.

I was wondering whether there might be some sort of compromise, such as
only tokenizing commas when BRACE_CCL is set.