Re: terminfo values (was Re: do I win the "most pointless use of ZSH" award? ;))

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Clint Adams wrote:

> > COLUMNS and LINES aren't immediately updated for me when I change text
> > mode resolutions.  Is there something I should do to make them as
> > reliable as the tput values?
>
> This reminded me that a SIGWINCH will update $COLUMNS and $LINES,
> and therefore tput and $COLUMNS and $LINES will be more reliable
> than echotc/echoti/$termcap/$terminfo.

I don't see this as a problem for $termcap/$terminfo. They are supposed to
return static values from external database; so far you have the same
problem when using original functions (tgetstr etc). E.g. curses has
special variables that held current lines/columns values.

-andrej