Re: Using _values with ->state transitions?

On May 7, 10:06am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Using _values with ->state transitions?
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > This is supposed to work, isn't it?  There appears to be code for it in
} > _values, but there aren't any examples of it in the existing completion
} > system. I can't get it to do anything sensible in several attempts.
}
} Hm, the simple test:
}
}   _values test 'a:arg:->foo' b c
}
}   if [[ -n $state ]]; then compadd foo bar; fi
}
} works for me.  How does this fail for you?

OK, that does work for me.  However, it sometimes ignores the -s option.
To wit:

schaefer[505] _tv() {
function> _values -s ':' test 'a:arg:->foo' b c
function> if [[ -n $state ]]; then compadd $state; fi
function> }
schaefer[506] compdef _tv :
schaefer[507] : a<TAB>
schaefer[507] : a=<TAB>
schaefer[508] : a=foo
                      ^cursor here -- why did that space get added?
		      I expected `a=foo:'.

It would also be nice if there were a way to specify that something other
than an `=' comes between the value and its argument.

} > The zsh/computil documentation needs some improvement.
}
} I always think of computil as something too deeply hidden for ca. 99
} percent of all users and programmers.

Well, then, it's the doc for _values that needs improvement.  The SPECS
for _values are no longer the same as those for _arguments (at best, they
now are a subset).