Re: Release process

On May 10,  4:03am, Felix Rosencrantz wrote:
} Subject: Release process
}
} Quiet time to me would be heavy restrictions on what can get checked
} in. I'd suggest things like no C code changes, unless they fix a
} crashing or other very serious bug.

This would be another reason to use a CVS branch.  Put the release code
on the branch; let people continue committing whatever they happen to be
working on, on the trunk; if it turns out to be a critical bug fix and
does not destabilize anything, selectively merge it to the branch.