Re: architecture independent wordcode files (.zwc)

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> There are architectures where `unsigned int' is 16 bits or 64 bits.  We
> should be determining a 32-bit type via configure and using it here.

When we added zcompile, I asked if there were systems on which
sizeof(int) != 4 but got no reply.  And I suggested using a configure
test but I still don't know enough about configure to write this test
myself...

Paul, I had tested it with the three architectures I have access to
here: Redhat Linux 5.someting, Solaris 2.6 and Tru64 Unix.  That still
works for me for the test cases I tried (between the latter to systems
this includes the completion system).  So I need more information, could
you send us the uncompiled files (or a simplified but still not-working
version if there's something in there you don't want to show)?

Bye
  Sven