Re: Mandrake 8.0 - compinit in /etc/zshrc

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> This is a philosophical decision along the lines of "should the default
> zsh setopts include always_last_prompt and auto_list?" though a bit more
> extreme.  I personally would say it should not.

I think that making an interactive zsh behave very powerfully by default
is a good idea.  However, I take issue with the execution.  Here's how I
would implement this:

Add a .zshrc file to the /etc/skel dir that includes this compinit code.
Then, add post-install code to the zsh rpm that gives a copy of this rc
file to all existing users that don't already have the file (for a
certain restricted definition of "all existing users").  This, in my
mind, is the proper way to add all those default aliases and other
things that the user might want to change (for both zsh and other
shells, such as bash).

..wayne..