Re: zsh-4.0.1-pre4 : manpath and MANPATH

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 04:05:11PM +0100, pws@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Richard Curnow wrote:
> > zshparam.1 says that setting manpath will change MANPATH and vice versa.
> > If I change MANPATH, I don't see manpath getting changed.
>
> You haven't unset that in your .zshenv too, have you?  In that case it will
> (temporarily) lose its special connection to $manpath.  This seems to be a
> bug, because it happens even if $manpath is never unset.

Yes, in fact that was the case.

OK, next question ... what is a good way to delete all the environment
variables apart from 'special' ones?  Currently I have this in my .zshenv (on
Solaris)

unset `/usr/ucb/printenv | /bin/sed -e 's/=.*$//;' | egrep -v '^(PATH|HOME|HOST|LOGNAME|MACHTYPE|TERM|TZ|USER|_|PWD|DISPLAY|CLEARCASE_ROOT|SHLVL)'`

(Obviously I now need to add MANPATH to the saved list. :-))

My intention is that if I re-source .zshenv, I get the environment reset to
effectively what I would have after logging in.  Maybe just making sure all the
'special' variables like SHLVL, MANPATH etc are included would be enough, as
the method was doing what I wanted under v3.1.5.

Thanks for your help so far.
Richard

--
Richard Curnow---by day : SuperH Core Architecture at STMicroelectronics
curnowr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx