Re: Mandrake 8.0 - compinit in /etc/zshrc

Wayne Davison wrote:

On 21 May 2001, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

and how do you do when you have to modify the skel file on upgrade ?

Here's an alternate solution.  See if you like this.

For a package such as zsh, create a patch in the source rpm that adds
an extra rc-file check that works like this:  If the user's rc file is
missing, we read the default rc file from /usr/lib/zsh (or similar).

How would you check for modified default file? I mean, the sense is to get file automatically updated. You are allowed to do so only if user has not modified old file.

Well ... adding checksum to rc file may help. I.e. if there is a new default file and checksum is valid, replace it. Is becoming increasingly more complicated but it may work.

-andrej