Re: vi editting troubles

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> Repeating everything in every function is just too ugly.
> Putting it into the C-code is the opposite of what I wanted to achieve --
> and I want to try to keep the basic C-code independent of the way the
> completion system shell code is written.

An off-the-cuff suggestion:  Would it be possible to have the C code
call a "set completion defaults" shell function, store these default
values, and then automatically restore them before any call out to the
completion system?  Would that accomplish your desired goal of keeping
the C-code independent?

..wayne..