Re: 64-bit sparc instructions

> I'd been thinking the cause of the trouble was equally probable between
> the compiler and the 64-bit libraries, but it seems you've eliminated
> both.  Does echo =(echo foo) crash the gcc executable as well?

% Src/zsh -f
% echo =(echo foo)
/tmp/zshYdd7uR
% exit
% file Src/zsh
Src/zsh: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, version 1, statically linked, not stripped

The above machine is a Sun Blade 1000 running Debian.  The binary was
compiled with the prerelease gcc.

% Src/zsh -f
zsh: failed to load module: zsh/zle
% echo =(echo foo)
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  Src/zsh -f
% file Src/zsh
Src/zsh:        ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, UltraSPARC1 Extensions Required, dynamically linked, stripped

The above machine is an Ultra 80 running Solaris 8.  The binary was
compiled with Forte C.  I'll see about getting the same version of gcc on
that box to provide a better comparison.