Re: termcap bug on Linux

On May 30, 10:24am, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
}
} > On May 28, 10:25pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >
} > Should I commit the patch?
}
} Yes.

OK, but sourceforge seems to be either inaccessible or at a painful crawl
just now, so I'm not going ot get to it for at least several hours.

} About scantermcap - I am not sure. Currently it returns "no" for both
} unexisting and unset flags; if we change this as well, it will return
} nothing for unexisting flags.

I'd say we do need to change it, then ... scantermcap() should produce
the same results as doing $termcap[$cap] for every possible $cap.

} I am not sure how useful $termcap is at all, given that there is no
} way to associate returned values with capabilities.

I don't think I understand what you mean.  Do you mean, there's no way
to tell whether a returned value should be interpreted as a boolean, a
number, or a string?  That is a shortcoming, it's true.

Parameterized capabilities like "move N columns left" really require
`echotc' to insert the N in the right place, too.