RE: More C02cond tweaking

> -N does not work on Cygwin. I mailed cygwin list as it looks like a bug
> (AFAIK both FAT/NTFS support notion of different access and modification
> times).

Anybody has an idea if we can provide a workaround for this Windows
"feature"?

Note  Not all file systems can record creation and last access time and not
all file systems record them in the same manner. For example, on Windows NT
FAT, create time has a resolution of 10 milliseconds, write time has a
resolution of 2 seconds, and access time has a resolution of 1 day (really,
the access date). On NTFS, access time has a resolution of 1 hour.
Furthermore, FAT records times on disk in local time, while NTFS records
times on disk in UTC, so it is not affected by changes in time zone or
daylight saving time.

(<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/sysmgmt/time_8hwz.htm>)

-andrej