Re: PATCH: "make check" with libzsh (e.g. FreeBSD)

On Jun 3, 12:40pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: "make check" with libzsh (e.g. FreeBSD)
}
} On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > This is hardly ever going to be a problem except for someone who is
} > trying to keep up with individual patches.
}
} And these are exactly those who need tests :-)

Actually, I was thinking that the tests are really needed by people who
are building on a new platform for the first time.  The developers are
more likely to know what they're doing -- for example, as of right now,
you can't run "make check" for a static build without knowing that you
have to change the default linkage of zpty.

In any case, *re*compiling with a different LD_RUN_PATH doesn't seem to
be an option.  We could, however, compile two different zsh binaries --
e.g., zsh and zsh-test -- and use the zsh-test binary for "make check".
On systems without libzsh, zsh-test could just be a link to zsh, but
where libzsh was needed, it'd be a separate binary with LD_RUN_PATH set
to the build directory.

Then we'd have to update the tests to always run zsh-test rather than
just zsh.  We'd still need an LD_LIBRARY_PATH patch in Test/Makefile.in
for systems that don't use an LD_RUN_PATH.