RE: AIX-problem: the main module won't link statically

> > > Try with DLLD=cc CC=cc. On some systems use of plain ld to
> create shared
> > > libraries does not work (due to additional startup files needed).
> > >

> > And I do not like double -lc; you may try with
> >
> > DLLDFLAGS='-G -bexpall'
> >
> > as well. We provide -lc in any case.
>
> Argh.. can't.. resist.. must.. try..
>
> here it is (script-output of the compile), seems that the
> libzsh-part wen't fine, but rlimits did not.

That is very bad. It most probably means, we still need export files but
they are not created while we think we are on "normal" OS and not on AIX :-0
If it is the case, it may be fixed - unfotunately, we need to know the
format of exports file.

Please, give it a try - create export file for zsh and add it to rlimits,
like:

add ``-bE:zsh.export'' to libzsh flags
add ``-bI:../zsh.export'' to rlimits.so flags (ajust path as appropriate)
try to compile

And as long as you are the only person who has access to AIX - could you
check compiler docs how to generate shared library on your version of AIX?
:-)

-andrej