Re: 4.0.1: menucomplete quirk leaving extra characters behind

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 05:16:41PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
[explanation about ! in command position elided]

I thought it was strange because 3.1.9 didn't behave the same way; it simply
tabs to the next tab position on the input line. So something seems to have
changed although that's not necessarily wrong. Your explanation makes perfect
sense, of course. Thanks.

> Are you sure you didn't hit TAB more than once on Solaris?

I guess I must have because I can't seem to reproduce this now :-/
The shell behaves as you describe; sorry for the false alarm.

--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        "Modularity is not a hack."
                          _/  _/   _/                -- D. J. Bernstein