Re: 4.0.1: menucomplete quirk leaving extra characters behind

On Jun 13,  7:48pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Subject: Re: 4.0.1: menucomplete quirk leaving extra characters behind
>
> Or we can introduce a flag PM_SPECIALREADONLY which has the same
> effect as PM_READONLY but can't be reset (and we complain if the user tries
> to change PM_READONLY if that's set).

Or we could add to struct param a mask word of those flag bits that are
allowed to be changed ... but maybe that's overkill and one new flag is
sufficient to cover the cases.

I'd say first let's just try it with readonly being a one-way trip, and
see where we end up.