Is PRINT_EXIT_VALUE supposed to work?

I've never looked at this option until now, when I'm trying to write a test
for it.  It doesn't work with functions.

% setopt printexitvalue
% false
zsh: exit 1
% func(){ false; }
% func
%

It seems to come from csh, so we can more or less invent our own usage
model in cases like this.  But I don't think the above is good enough.

(I never used to use phrases like `usage model' when I was physicist.  Oh,
well.)

CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.