Re: .. completion

On Jun 18,  9:46am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: .. completion
}
} [moved to -workers]
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > ...
} >
} > In _path_files, the special-dirs style is looked up only as a string, but
} > the documentation says it may be either a string or a boolean.

So the handling of special-dirs is really done in the C code for compfiles?

} > However, in _files, _path_files is always called with -g option, so the
} > special-dirs style doesn't work at all for _files.
}
} Eh?  Works for me.  And _files can call _path_files without the -g
} option, in line 80.

I'm sorry, I must be mis-reading the difference between
    _path_files -g "$pat" "$opts[@]" "$expl[@]" && ret=0
and
    _path_files "$expl[@]" -g "$pat" "$opts[@]" && ret=0

In any case, special-dirs doesn't work for me.  I finally narrowed it
down to this:

    zstyle ':completion:*' file-sort modification

Why should the file-sort style have any effect at all on special-dirs?