Re: gcc 3.0 produces broken zsh

In the last episode (Jun 19), Jason Price said:
> Out of morbid curiosity, I built gcc3 and installed it somewhere out
> of the way (like $HOME/gcc3) on my redhat 7.1 linux box.  Then I
> tried to build zsh with it.
>
> It configured and compiled with hardly any errors.  The only build errors
> were:
>
> math.c: In function `zzlex':
> math.c:382: warning: operation on `ptr' may be undefined
> utils.o: In function `gettempname':
> utils.o(.text+0x1de2): the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
>
> However, when I install it, it doesn't seem to be able to find or
> load any modules.  Building with stock gcc's of the 2.95.* variety
> work, building other programs works (havn't tested many, but one or
> two others do), and zsh will let you do interactive stuff, it's just
> very limited.

I just built zsh 4.0.1 on my machine with gcc 3.0 and it's working just
fine, static and dynamic linking.

FreeBSD dan.emsphone.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #119: Sun Jun 17 14:22:20 CDT 2001 root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/src/sys/compile/DANSMP  i386

-r-xr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  1181836 Jun 19 13:41 /usr/local/bin/zsh
-r-xr-xr-x  2 root  wheel     2988 Jun 19 23:11 /usr/local/bin/zsh-dynamic

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx