AIX - almost success.

> > > They seem to be, at least it compiled ok. I had to remove
> both termcap and
> > > terminfo.
> > >

> > what about make check?
>
> ./C02cond.ztst: starting.
> Test ./C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
>   sleep 1
>   cat unmodified
>   touch newnewnew
>   if [[ $OSTYPE == "cygwin" ]]; then
>     print -u8 "Warning: not testing [[ -N file ]] (not supported on
> Cygwin)"
>     true
>   else
>     [[ -N newnewnew && ! -N unmodified ]]
>   fi
> Was testing: -N cond
> ./C02cond.ztst: test failed.

That's O.K., you are on NFS.

> all the rest went fine

Nice. Could you do a favour and try clean configure/make/make check with

LIBS=-ltermcap configure ...

This should work OOTB (by avoiding curses); of course, not with GCC as
usual.

> > > Gcc 2.8.1 specs-file attached, but I have been using cc...
> > >

> > If you can spend some more time, I'd be interested in making it more
> > GCC-friendly.
>
> Ok, that's fine.
>

> btw, I tried the same numcodes-test with other OS's (Tru64, linux), and
> they both failed (unresolved symbol numcodes), but maybe that's for a
> reason, as it isn't tested when configure is run normally..

What's up? It definitely works on Linux, Sven, do you have numcodes,
boolcodes etc on Tru64?

Timo, could you post exact program, cc invocation and error messages you get
on Linux and Tru64?

-andrej