Re: Modules dependencies RE: PATCH: zftp/tcp abstraction

On Jun 27,  2:59pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Modules dependencies RE: PATCH: zftp/tcp abstraction
}
} Clint Adams wrote:
} > What about just embedding the module dependencies in the module itself?
} > If it could be scanned without loading the module, it would be less
} > messy than maintaining "helper files".
}
} The other advantage of this is that, as Sven has pointed out, we can handle
} systems with RTLD_LAZY by loading first and asking questions afterwards.

In addition to Zefram's remarks in 14786, it is also the case that on
some operating systems (Apollo Domain/OS is a specific if obscure example)
all executables and libraries are compressed and checksummed.  This makes
it (a) difficult[*] to read C strings out of the library without actually
file and still load it as a library.

We can of course choose not to support dynamic modules on any such OS.

[*] I'm not aware of any API for reversing the compression on Domain/OS.