Help needed RE: Compile error

> Sorry to put you through this drama, is there any significance to the
> "sigcount.h: No such file or directory" message?

This the immediate result of Makemod error (missing dependencies).

To zsh-workers - I give up. The problem is as I said, for some reason
Makemod is generated without dependencies for zsh.mdh:

zsh.mdh:
        @$(MAKE) -f $(makefile) $(MAKEDEFS) zsh.mdh.tmp
        @mv -f zsh.mdh.tmp zsh.mdh
        @echo "Updated \`zsh.mdh'."

instead of

zsh.mdh:  ../config.h system.h zsh.h sigcount.h signals.h prototypes.h
hashtable.h ztype.h  zsh.mdhi
        @$(MAKE) -f $(makefile) $(MAKEDEFS) zsh.mdh.tmp
        @mv -f zsh.mdh.tmp zsh.mdh
        @echo "Updated \`zsh.mdh'."

I thought, it is some weird problem of echo on SCO, but traces show that
command is called without extra parameters:

+ echo zsh.mdh:
+ echo  @$(MAKE) -f $(makefile) $(MAKEDEFS) zsh.mdh.tmp
+ echo  @mv -f zsh.mdh.tmp zsh.mdh
+ echo  @echo "Updated \`zsh.mdh'."

and Makemod is correct. It looks like evil black magic to me.

-andrej