Re: Debugging of dynamocally defined functions

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> In another message, PWS said:
> >
> > By the way, you can use the trick of
> >
> >   eval "$(which compdef)"
> >
> > to sync the line numbers with the which output.  At least I hope so ---
> > if this goes screwy there's a bug in text.c.
>
> No, you can't.  This causes all the lines to be numbered zero.

I've already made a note about this eval behaviour, in fact, in a slightly
different context (see the option tests I just added).  The original idea
was that eval'd code should show the line of the eval, not that of the
place where the eval was, but it has this side effect of suppressing proper
line numbering in functions within the eval.

I'm sure somebody will look at this eventually.  It's a question of the
availabliity of stamina and moral fibre.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx