Adding widgets

On Sep 29,  I wrote:
}
} Ah.  Well, zsh doesn't have re-search, though it does recognize "^" as
} anchoring to beginning of line.

Well, gee, I thought, this would be an ideal thing for the pcre module to
supply:  history-re-search-backward etc.

And then I discovered that struct thingy references a struct widget whose
definition is static to zle_bindings.c, and remembered how ridiculously
complicated the builtin widget processing is, massaging the iwidgets.list
file six ways from Sunday.

Surely there's a better way.