Re: `expand' style with prefix and matchers

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > If I have
> >   zstyle ':completion:*' expand prefix suffix
> > however, I get the list
> >   Completing file
> >   bc01/test/h-b-12-p      bc01/testsclk/h-b-12-p  bc01/traces/h-b-12-p
> > Neither of the other two directories contain a match for h-b-12-p.
>
> I was slightly irritated at first, too.  But then... the match spec
> that makes h-b-12-p match isn't the first on in your matcher-list
> style, right? What happens is that _path_files collects the matching
> prefixes for the non-matching suffixes every time, in this case for
> the first match spec where h-b-12-p doesn't match. And then the expand
> style says to accept them. So we should only accept them when we are
> trying the last spec from the matcher-list style. At least that sounds
> sensible, doesn't it?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, anyway.  Works fine.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.